Off-Cycle Payroll Payments
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
See current policy
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Director of Payroll, Customer Service and Training
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Requests for payroll payments to employees that require off-cycle payroll processing will be paid on the next available off-cycle payroll, subject to the specific guidelines noted below.
With the exception of items a, b, and c below, there will be a processing fee charged for all requests for off-cycle payroll payments. These requests will be processed and paid once a week, subject to applicable laws and regulations. The fee will be assessed against the organizational account on which the payroll payment is made. This fee is not allowed on C&G accounts; therefore, an appropriate department continuation account will be assessed for fees associated with off-cycle payroll payments.
Because of banking regulations and other applicable laws, there will be no processing fee charged for the following payments:
- Stop payments and immediate reissue of checks that have been lost, stolen, or mutilated.
- Direct deposit returns.
- Involuntary termination of employment (such as a RIF or involuntary separation).
All off-cycle payroll payments must be requested via a payroll adjustment voucher and have the proper approvals. Any payments made by paper check may be picked up in the campus payroll office only by the employee, the Fiscal Officer, the Account Manager, or the Account Supervisor.
On-cycle Payroll Processes: The regularly scheduled biweekly or monthly payroll dates.
Off-cycle Payroll Processes: Any payments made outside of the regularly scheduled on-cycle payroll process.