IU Financial Aid Code of Conduct
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Office of the Vice President for Student Success
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President for Student Success
- Policy Contact:
- Sarah Soper
University Director of Financial Aid
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Indiana University financial aid staff employees are expected to manage student financial aid information with the highest level of security, confidentiality, and professionalism.
Reason for Policy
Financial aid information is of critical importance to the students of Indiana University as well as to the university’s obligations to comply with state and federal law. Financial aid staff are annually required to acknowledge and accept the responsibility to preserve and secure this information and to comply with university policies and the Principles of Ethical Conduct in regard to their work in financial aid.
Violation of the IU Financial Aid Code of Conduct may result in sanctions related to the use of information technology resources (such as suspension or termination of access, or removal of online material) and/or employment (up to and including immediate termination of employment in accordance with applicable university policy); civil or criminal liability; or any combination of these.