IU Financial Aid Code of Conduct
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
See current policy
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Student Services and Systems
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs
- Policy Contact:
Associate Vice President for
University Student Services and Systems
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Indiana University financial aid staff employees are required to sign the Indiana University Financial Aid Code of Conduct annually prior to the start of the academic year. The form should be submitted to the campus financial aid directors who will retain the forms as part of their records.
Reason for Policy
Financial aid information is of critical importance to the students of Indiana University as well as to the University’s obligations to comply with state and federal law. Financial aid staff are annually required to acknowledge and accept the responsibility to preserve and secure this information and to comply with University policies and the Principles of Ethical Conduct in regard to their work in financial aid.
Violation of the IU Financial Aid Code of Conduct may result in sanctions related to the use of information technology resources (such as suspension or termination of access, or removal of online material) and/or employment (up to and including immediate termination of employment in accordance with applicable university policy); civil or criminal liability; or any combination of these.