Military Fee Remission
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
See current policy
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs
- Policy Contact:
- Jim Kennedy
Assoc. Vice President for USSS
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Full-time military personnel stationed in Indiana and their spouses, who are considered nonresidents for IU tuition purposes, are entitled to a remission of the nonresident portion of credit-hour fees. Persons wanting to receive this fee remission must provide a copy of the military personnel’s orders. Spouses must also provide a military-issued ID card. Documents should be presented to the bursar’s office (or their designee) at the intended campus of enrollment. After eligibility has been determined, the bursar or financial aid office will remit the nonresident portion of the credit hour fees.
Note: The residency status of children of full-time military personnel is addressed by Trustees Residence Guidelines, Rule 2(c).