Utilization of Historically Underrepresented Diverse Suppliers
In 2019, university policies related to university purchases (formerly FIN-PUR-01 through FIN-PUR-35) were updated and consolidated into FIN-PURCH-01 through FIN-PURCH-14. The History section of this policy contains complete information on where the topics covered by each FIN-PUR policy can be found in FIN-PURCH. A few FIN-PUR policies have been rescinded or converted into Standard Operating Procedures, and the History section contains that information as well.
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Purchasing Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate Vice President for Procurement
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Indiana University is committed to providing historically underrepresented diverse suppliers every opportunity to compete for its business. Efforts will be made in the Purchasing Department to identify historically underrepresented diverse suppliers, inform these suppliers of university requirements, and solicit quotes from such suppliers whenever possible. Purchasing Department professionals will support the efforts of the Supplier Diversity Program and will communicate with historically underrepresented diverse suppliers regarding the purchasing process so that they may become more viable suppliers.
- The Purchasing Department shall encourage and invite diverse suppliers to meet with staff to review product/service specifications and review supplier qualifications.
- Departments are encouraged to explore opportunities with diverse suppliers. Source lists are available on the Supplier Diversity website www.indiana.edu/~busdiv/ or contact the Office of Supplier Diversity to identify diverse suppliers.
Historically underrepresented diverse suppliers: those suppliers who have been certified by a qualifying certifying agency.
Businesses that fall into one or more of the qualifying categories:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprises (MBE)
- Woman-owned Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Veteran-owned Business Enterprises (VBE)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Business Enterprises (SDVBE)
- Small Business Enterprises as defined by the US SBA (SBE)
- Historically Underutilized Business in a HUB Zone (HUB)
In 2019, university policies related to university purchases (formerly FIN-PUR-01 through FIN-PUR-35) were updated and consolidated into FIN-PURCH-01 through FIN-PURCH-14. The university purchasing policies related to conflicts of interest and commitment were updated and consolidated into UA-17.
FIN-PURCH-01 consolidates and updates:
FIN-PURCH-02 updates and renumbers FIN-PUR-20.0 (University Procurement Contracts).
FIN-PURCH-03 consolidates and updates:
Portions of FIN-PUR-18.0 (Auctions and Reverse Auctions).
FIN-PURCH-04 updates and renumbers FIN-PUR-5.6 (Single-Source Orders)
FIN-PURCH-05 consolidates and updates:
FIN-PURCH-06 updates and renumbers FIN-PUR-7.0 (Prepayment of Orders).
FIN-PURCH-07 is a new policy.
FIN-PURCH-08 updates and renumbers FIN-PUR-9.0 (Furniture Purchases)
FIN-PURCH-09 consolidates and updates
FIN-PURCH-10 updates and renumbers FIN-PUR-11 (Release of Procurement Information).
FIN-PURCH-11 consolidates and updates:
FIN-PURCH-12 updates and renumbers FIN-PUR-21.0 (Non-Solicitation on Campus)
FIN-PURCH-13 updates FIN-PUR-13 (Purchases from Historically Underutilized Suppliers)
FIN-PURCH-14 consolidates and updates:
Specific to purchasing policies, UA-17 (Conflicts of Interest and Commitment) consolidates and updates:
The following FIN-PUR policies were rescinded or converted into Standard Operating Procedures as follows:
FIN-PUR-6.0 (Common Construction Wage) was rescinded.
FIN-PUR-8.0 (Endorsement) was rescinded.
FIN-PUR-15.0 (Strategic Alliances) was converted into a Standard Operating Procedure.
FIN-PUR-17 (Procurement for Off-Shore University Activities) was converted into a Standard Operating Procedure.