Delegation of Purchasing Authority
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
See current policy
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Administrator:
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate VP, Office of Procurement Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
The Associate Vice President of University Procurement Services has the authority to delegate purchasing activity. The following purchasing authorities have been approved:
- Automatic Purchase Orders (APOs)
- Purchasing Cards
- KFS Disbursement Voucher
- Pre-Disbursement Processing
- Vice President for Capital Projects & Facilities
- Physical Plant - IUPUI
- Automatic Purchase Order Policy and Procedures permit authorized departmental personnel to commit University funds as outlined in the "Instructions for Automatic Purchase Orders" Procedures (Procurement System Documentation).
- Purchasing Card Policy and Procedures permit authorized individuals to commit their University departmental funds as outlined in the "Purchasing Card" Procedures".
- Agreement initiation of purchasing agent to be resident in the Vice President of Capital Projects and Facilities Office. (Appendix L)
- Agreement initiation of purchasing agent to be resident in the Physical Plant- IUPUI. (Appendix N)
- FMS KFS DV policies/procedures.