Exceptions to Purchasing Authority
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
See current policy
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate VP, Office of Procurement Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
The Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services and staff have the sole authority to commit the University in contracting for materials and services with the following authorized exceptions:
- Real Estate
- Major renovations and new construction of buildings
- Books and other holdings for the libraries
- Utilities (e.g., water, electricity)
- Contracts signed on behalf of the Board of Trustees by the Treasurer
- IU Press (for goods or services related to publications)
- Sponsored Research Agreements
- Legal Services
Transactions in these areas are exempt from FIN-PUR-5.0, Competition policy.