Reimbursement of Meals for Emergency Situations
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
See current policy
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate Vice President
and University Controller,
Office of the Controller
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Indiana University staff who have been called to work during non-scheduled hours in an emergency situation can be reimbursed actual expenses for meals taken during this work period, if approved by the Director of the department. In addition, a supervisor who furnishes a meal for workers under the same emergency conditions can be reimbursed actual expenses for the meals if approved by the Director of the department. Reimbursement for meal expenses shall not exceed the meal allotments established for university travel. Reimbursement of the meals will not occur without proper receipts.
Emergency Situations: are events that occur outside of the normal operations of an organization where it is determined the university is at risk and requires the organization's staff to work outside of their normal work schedule. These staff are in the position of not being able to leave the premises, or leave for only a limited amount of time.