Form(s) Design and Control
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
See current policy
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
- Joan Hagen
Associate Vice President
and University Controller,
Office of the Controller
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Any financial document that is being utilized to gather information that will be directly inputted from that document into one of the university's main financial systems must be approved by the Indiana State Board of Accounts prior to implementation of the form. Changes which occur after initial approval should also be approved by State Board.
Any financial document that is a secondary financial document to an input form (as referred to above) can be reviewed and approved by Financial Management Services to verify that the correct information exists on the form and that the proper controls are in place.
Reason for Policy
To provide a uniform process in the design of official university financial forms. This process exists to:
- maximize control,
- ensure the accurate gathering of data,
- provide a consistent environment for data entry, and
- establish parameters for establishment of new forms.
All new official university financial forms and revisions will be submitted to the Chief Accountant for approval prior to the placement of a printing order.
Departments who need assistance in determining what elements should be contained in a secondary financial document should contact Financial Management Services about receiving guidelines on these elements.
Examples of the university's main financial systems are the KFS Purchasing system and the Kuali Financial System (KFS).
An example of a secondary financial document would be a receipt provided to customer.