Compliance with COVID-19 Health and Safety Directives
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Human Resources
Office of the Executive VP for University Academic Affairs
- Responsible University Administrator:
Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs
Vice President for Human Resources
- Indiana University’s highest priorities are to protect the health and safety of every member of the university community and to resume normal campus operations. Every individual plays an important role in helping us to continue those operations uninterrupted by a widespread recurrence of COVID-19 within the university community.
- The university’s guidance and directives related to the COVID-19 pandemic can be found at https://www.iu.edu/covid/index.html). IU will engage in regular, direct communications with non-compliant employees to ensure that employees know what steps are necessary to achieve compliance and how, where, and when to complete those steps prior to pursuing more serious consequences.
Reason for Policy
Indiana University is taking actions in light of COVID-19 with the goal of promoting a safe working and learning environment for our students, employees, and community. Compliance with health and safety directives by university employees is critical to achieving this goal.
- Staff and Temporary Employees
For Staff and Temporary employee violations of this policy, units will consult with their respective Senior HR Director and IU HR Employee Relations and will follow the corrective action process applicable to the affected employee. https://policies.iu.edu/human-resources/index.html?keywords=&type=employee-performance-and-development&sort=
- Academic Appointees
Violations by academic appointees will be addressed pursuant to ACA-33 and, if necessary, ACA-52.