About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Office of Insurance, Loss Control and Claims
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
The Office of Insurance, Loss Control & Claims (INLOCC) coordinates fire safety for Indiana University. Procedures linked below are intended to reduce risk from open burning, heat sources, and flammable materials.
Reason for Policy
The safety of persons in the University community – employees, students and visitors – is a paramount concern of the University. Fire safety is an integral part of our overall safety program.
A number of standards and procedures are a part of this policy. Each addresses an aspect of fire safety:
Indiana University Property – Buildings, grounds, and land that are owned by Indiana University or controlled by Indiana University via leases or other formal contractual arrangements to house ongoing IU operations.
Additional definitions are found in the individual standards and procedures.