Renting, leasing or chartering means of public conveyance like buses, other than rental vehicles available through National or Enterprise Rent-a-Car Services, is contingent upon the rentor/lessor having acceptable insurance coverage.
- A certificate of insurance must be mailed, faxed or emailed to and approved by the Office of Insurance, Loss Control & Claims before the trip takes place. (400 E. 7th Street Room 705, Bloomington IN 47405, 812-855-9320 Attn: Kutina England)
- The Trustees of Indiana University must be named as an "additional insured".
- The certificate holder must be The Trustees of Indiana University c/o the above address.
- The certificate must show at least 30 days advance notice of cancellation.
- For buses, the minimum amount of coverage for vehicle liability per accident is $2 million.
- For other vehicles, the minimum amount of coverage for vehicle liability per accident is $1 million.
- Contracts must be reviewed by the Office of Insurance, Loss Control & Claims and signed by the Treasurer or his/her designee.
Pre-approved Charter Bus Companies
Back to top