Adjustments to Budget
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate Vice President and University Controller
Office of Financial Management Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
A budget transfer request (Form A-102) is used to change the approved budget for a single account or, with respect to the general fund, accounts within the same fund group.
In the case of general fund (accounts with the first two digits ranging from 03 to 19) the movement of budgeted funds to and from accounts in the same fund group (e.g. 03), but different responsibility centers requires both a budget adjustment transaction and an "actual" transaction via Intramural Invoice Voucher (Form 14-B50). Special income and expense object codes are used to differentiate these "inter-center" transactions from regular operating transactions.