Donations and Contributions to Other Entities
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate Vice President and University Controller
Office of Financial Management Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Reason for Policy
To establish rules for making donations and contributions to other entities with university funds. OMB Circular A-21, specifically disallows these types of expenses as a direct or indirect cost charged to grants and contracts.
Examples of other entities are non-for-profit organizations such as American Heart Association, etc. These are not to be confused with matching funds as utilized in the administration of contracts and grants.