Payments for Memberships in Social Organizations
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate Vice President and University Controller
Office of Financial Management Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Reason for Policy
To establish the rules for paying memberships in social organizations. OMB Circular A-21 specifically disallows these types of expenses as a direct or indirect cost charged to grants and contracts.
The source to this policy is:
Office of Management and Budget (OMB) A-21 on Disallowances for Indirect Cost
The policy was updated in May 11, 2015 to delete text in Procedures section as none is needed.