“Overseas Study Program” means any university sponsored or administered program taking place outside of the United States, but excludes the following activities so long as they do not involve travel by minors or IU students:
- Faculty research;
- Faculty or staff travel for university business;
- Alumni travel sponsored by the Indiana University Alumni Association; and
- Offshore and cross-border programs within the scope of Policy INT-01.
Examples of Overseas Study Programs include, but are not limited to:
- IU courses involving an overseas travel component;
- Research activities, conference attendance and other programs outside the United States involving IU undergraduate, graduate or professional school students under the supervision of IU personnel;
- Pre-college activities abroad sponsored by the university;
- Overseas internships organized by IU units; and
- Overseas trips organized by university student organizations, clubs or teams.
Back to top