Routing and Administration of Construction Grants
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- VP for Research
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President for Research
- Policy Contact:
- Steve Martin
Associate Vice President for Research Administration
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Policy StatementIt is the policy of Indiana University that units submitting construction grant proposals coordinate the planning and preparation of the proposals with the Office of the Vice President for Capital Planning and Facilities. Proposals should then be routed through the department, school and the appropriate campus office of the Office of Research Administration (ORA) for submission to the sponsor agency. Construction grant awards will be administered by the Office of the Vice President for Capital Planning and Facilities in coordination with the Project Director and ORA.
Reason for Policy
This policy is to provide direction for the planning, preparation, and submission of construction grant proposals and the administration of awards to ensure compliance with sponsor and university policies and regulations.
- Prior to preparing a construction grant proposal, the unit submitting the proposal should coordinate with the Office of the Vice President for Capital Planning and Facilities for planning the proposed project and preparing the documentation required for the submission.
- Submissions should be routed in the Kuali Coeus system to the appropriate ORA office for processing and approval.
- Prior to submission to the sponsor agency, ORA will confirm approval of the Office of the Vice President for Capital Planning and Facilities.
- Awards will be accepted by the appropriate ORA office and recorded in the university records.
- ORA will establish grant accounts for the awards and forward information to the Office of the Vice President for Capital Planning and Facilities which will establish construction accounts for the funded projects.
- Compliance oversight related to these awards will be provided by the Office of the Vice President for Capital Planning and Facilities.
- ORA will manage the draw of the awarded funds and the submission of reports to the funding agency.