Negotiating with Agencies and Routing Proposals
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
- Steve Martin, Associate VP Research Administration
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
For any sponsored program activity, a formal proposal must be routed through the department, school and the appropriate research office before any commitments are made by sponsored project employees.
Employees are encouraged to make initial contact with potential sponsors to determine if there is sufficient mutual interest to warrant a formal proposal. The appropriate campus research office (Research and Sponsored Programs - IUPUI or Sponsored Research Services - IUB) and the Assistant Vice President of Research and the University Graduate School are both available to assist faculty members with discussions and negotiations.