About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Procurement Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate VP, Office of Procurement Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Furniture standards have been reviewed and approved by each IU campus and the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services is responsible for the consistent implementation of these standards. Exceptions must be approved in writing by the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer or the Campus Vice President or Chancellor. (An approved furniture catalog is available through the purchasing department.)
All public areas or lounges and all floor, window, and wall treatments must be specified through the Office of the University Architect or the purchasing department. All furniture items, carpeting, and wall coverings, must meet applicable fire and safety codes.