Prepayment of Orders
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Procurement Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate VP, Office of Procurement Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Payment for goods or services shall not be made unless satisfactorily received prior to payment.
- Payments to local, state, and federal government entities.
- Any procurement of goods or services where the source provides an instrument of security.
- Where the funding agency has authorized prepayment.
- Service and maintenance contracts where necessary.
- Small orders (under $2,500.00) where the account manager approves prepayment.
- Approval by the Associate Vice President of University Procurement Services or the campus Vice Chancellor.