About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Procurement Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate VP, Office of Procurement Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Where appropriate, University Procurement Services may use negotiation as an additional tool for establishing the best outcome. This process requires the prior approval of the Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services.
Reason for Policy
In a limited number of instances, the process of negotiation provides the best vehicle for establishing a working relationship including the price for a product or service.