Development of Vendor List
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Procurement Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate VP, Office of Procurement Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Within reason, as determined by the purchasing agent, all known, interested, and qualified vendors for a given product or service shall be provided an opportunity to offer quotations.
The "bid list" for a given requirement shall be the responsibility of the purchasing agent. The purchasing agent shall use various resources to develop the list, including, but not limited to: requesting department suggestions, lists developed from previous similar solicitations, advertisements in trade journals by potential suppliers, lists of minority or otherwise disadvantaged suppliers, and direct solicitations by potential vendors.
All must complete a Federal Employer Identification Number form so that we may conform with IRS reporting policies.