About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Procurement Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate VP, Office of Procurement Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
In the event that the Executive Leadership of the University determine that a company is uniquely positioned to provide the University with a strategic relationship that will be mutually beneficial, the Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services will verify the company’s market position and the potential opportunities for the University. The Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services will facilitate the process that culminates in an agreement.
Reason for Policy
The University may, from time to time, identify an opportunity to develop a strategic relationship with a company that does not lend itself to the traditional procurement practices. The relationship may be crucial to the University and should be permitted to develop without the processes typically associated with the procurement process.
The source to this policy is:
University Board of Trustees, Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services, Vice President and General Counsel, Office of the Treasurer, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer