Board of Trustee Reporting
Note: In 2019, university policies related to university purchases (formerly FIN-PUR-01 through FIN-PUR-35) were updated and consolidated into FIN-PURCH-01 through FIN-PURCH-14. The History section of this policy contains complete information on where the topics covered by each FIN-PUR policy can be found in FIN-PURCH. A few FIN-PUR policies have been rescinded or converted into Standard Operating Procedures, and the History section contains that information as well.
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Procurement Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Associate VP, Office of Procurement Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
Orders of $25,000.00 or more, when only one offer is received or the lowest price offer is not accepted (except those exempted), will be reported to the Board of Trustees. Exemptions are approved by the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
1. Single price received
2. Single price requested
3. Low price unacceptable
4. Sole source
5. Large or unusual purchases as determined by the Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services
1. Items for resale to the students or general public
2. Replacement parts from the manufacturer
3. Previously reported items with no substantial change
4. Professional services:
a. Sub-contracts to other institutions, agencies, etc.
b. Acknowledged professions (medical, legal, academic, etc.)
c. Consulting services
d. Computing development services
e. Temporary personnel services
f. Legal Services
6. Previously documented items that require standardization
7. Contracted price agreements
8. Dues and memberships
9. Blanket orders
Reason for Policy
Large purchases should receive special review by the University Board of Trustees when the lowest price offer is not accepted.
Procedures Manual for Indiana University Procurement Services
Solicitation Process Procedures