Delegation of Approval Authority for HRMS Fiscal Transactions
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Director of Payroll, Customer Service and Training
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
The approval role is formally called the Fiscal Approver in the HRMS system. The same individual cannot be both the Fiscal Approver and the Payroll Processor, who enters and submits the payroll data on the payroll voucher.
Delegation authority for the Fiscal Approver role resides with the Fiscal Officer. Current e-doc functionality does not include a routable document to delegate authority on financial e-docs related to human resources and payroll. Therefore, when changes to the fiscal approver occur for HRMS, one of two available options is required:
- The person initiating the KFS organization document to change the Fiscal Approver must include the Fiscal Officer of the accounts associated with the HRMS organizations in the approval process. This is accomplished by “ad hoc” routing the document to the appropriate Fiscal Officer.
- The Fiscal Officer of the accounts associated with the HRMS organizations must send an email to the person initiating the KFS organization document approving the change.
Fiscal Approver: The person authorized to approve all HRMS financial transactions.
HRMS Fiscal Transactions: HRMS E-Doc that references any financial account number. (i.e. Maintain Funding E-Doc, etc.)