Disposition of Final Pay for Deceased Employees
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Director of Payroll, Customer Service and Training
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
A Disbursement Voucher check which includes final and/or terminal pay for a deceased employee will be made payable to the claimant.
If an estate is opened, the final check will be made payable to the Estate or the individual named on the Estate’s “Letters of Administration.” If no estate is opened, the final check will be made payable to the claimant after the 45 day waiting period upon providing an “Affidavit of No Administration,” W-9 and a Pay Check Claim Form.