Refunds of Employee Payroll Deductions
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Director of Payroll, Customer Service and Training
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
In most cases, refunds will be added to the net pay of the next payroll check to be issued to the employee. Refunds will be made by means of a special check if the delay will create a hardship for the employee. Refunds will be made at the request of the IU organization or external entity who initiated the deduction. Employees should contact the IU organization or external entity to request a refund. Any payroll deductions already committed to the purchase of US Savings Bonds cannot be refunded.
Refunds of required taxes and social security deductions cannot be made except as provided for in federal and state regulations.