Departmental Retention/Destruction of Payroll Records
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Financial Management Services
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact:
Director of Payroll, Customer Service and Training
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
The unit (department, school, campus) which has responsibility for the payroll function shall maintain employee attendance records as prescribed by state and federal regulations for the present fiscal year, plus the past three (3) fiscal years. For example, records would be maintained for the fiscal year (FY 2009-10) as well as the period 7/1/2006 through 6/30/2009.
Previous policy included information for those employees recording their time on attendance records. Attendance records no longer exist so the policy was revised to address that change.