About This Policy
- Responsible University Office:
- Board of Trustees
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Board of Trustees, Indiana University
- Policy Contact:
- Debbie Lemon
Secretary, IU Board of Trustees
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
The Emeritus title may be conferred upon a retired faculty member or librarian if recommended by the unit and appropriate administrators and approved by the Board of Trustees. The term “Emeritus” follows the designation of academic appointment. The Emeritus faculty member has some of the rights and privileges of regular faculty members. See campus-specific documents for specific procedure.