Retention Incentive Pay for Academic Appointees
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Human Resources
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Indiana University offers departments the opportunity to retain productive Academic employees who would otherwise terminate and begin receiving 18/20 Plan payments through a retention incentive pay program. Department-designated individuals who are potential 18/20 Plan recipients are eligible to receive the following Retention Incentive Pay allocations/payments:
- At age 64, a $5,000 allocation for research and professional development
- From age 65 to 70, a 20% base salary supplemental payment.
Retention Incentive Pay is neither automatic nor an employee entitlement. Deans, Chairs, or Directors submit requests for the incentive to their respective Chancellors or Vice Presidents for consideration. Questions regarding these provisions should be directed to University Human Resource Services.