Faculty Members Holding Administrative Positions
About This Policy
- Effective Date:
See current policy
- Date of Last Review/Update:
- Responsible University Office:
- Office of the Executive VP for University Academic Affairs
- Responsible University Administrator:
- Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs
- Policy Contact:
- Susan McCammon
Assistant Vice Provost,
Director of Academic Personnel Policies and Services
- Policy Feedback:
- If you have comments or questions about this policy, let us know with the policy feedback form.
- Print or view a PDF of this policy
- Many policies are quite lengthy. Please check the page count before deciding whether to print.
This policy applies to Vice Presidents, Provost/Chancellors, Vice Provosts/Chancellors, Deans, Directors, and other individuals in other administrative positions as identified by the Chancellors, Provost, or President who were not in one of these positions on June 30, 2004.
This policy shall be used to determine the salary of an individual who holds both a faculty and administrative position when the individual relinquishes or is removed from the administrative position.
- At the time an individual assumes both faculty and administrative positions, a memorandum shall be created that sets forth the 12-month salary of the individual. A determination shall then be made by the appointing official that establishes the portion of the salary that shall be considered the faculty component of the individual’s salary and the portion of the salary that shall be considered the administrative component of the salary.
- From year to year, as raises may be given, the raises shall be apportioned between the faculty component of the salary and the administrative component of the salary. These figures shall be maintained by the appointing official with a copy provided to the faculty member/administrator and to the appropriate campus faculty records office.
- At such time as the faculty member/administrator relinquishes or is removed from the administrative position, the individual’s salary shall return to the faculty component of the salary, and the faculty member shall no longer be entitled to the administrative component. In addition, the faculty component of the salary shall revert to ten-twelfths (10/12) of the faculty component if the individual returns to an academic year teaching position. The academic base may be adjusted so that it approximates what the appointee’s salary would have been had the appointee not taken the administrative position.
Please note: This policy is currently under review.