Prepayment of Orders FIN-PUR-7.0
Payment for goods or services shall not be made unless satisfactorily received prior to payment.
- Payments to local, state, and federal government entities.
- Any procurement of goods or services where the source provides an instrument of security.
- Where the funding agency has authorized prepayment.
- Service and maintenance contracts where necessary.
- Small orders (under $2,500.00) where the account manager approves prepayment.
- Approval by the Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services or campus director/Vice Chancellor.
Reason for Policy
To assure satisfactory value is received prior to payment.
Prepaid orders shall be submitted to Financial Management Services for inclusion of check with order. Invoices for partial shipments will be accepted.
This policy was established on February 18, 1992.