Board of Trustee Reporting FIN-PUR-12.0
Orders of $25,000.00 or more, when only one offer is received or the lowest price offer is not accepted (except those exempted), will be reported to the Board of Trustees. Exemptions are approved by the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
1. Single price received
2. Single price requested
3. Low price unacceptable
4. Sole source
5. Large or unusual purchases as determined by the Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services
1. Items for resale to the students or general public
2. Replacement parts from the manufacturer
3. Previously reported items with no substantial change
4. Professional services:
a. Sub-contracts to other institutions, agencies, etc.
b. Acknowledged professions (medical, legal, academic, etc.)
c. Consulting services
d. Computing development services
e. Temporary personnel services
f. Legal Services
6. Previously documented items that require standardization
7. Contracted price agreements
8. Dues and memberships
9. Blanket orders
Reason for Policy
Large purchases should receive special review by the University Board of Trustees when the lowest price offer is not accepted.
Procedures Manual for Indiana University Procurement Services
This policy was established on February 18, 1992.