Delegation of Purchasing Authority FIN-PUR-1.2
The Assistant Vice President, University Procurement Services has the authority to delegate purchasing activity. The following purchasing authorities have been approved:
- Automatic Purchase Orders (APOs)
- Purchasing Cards
- FIS Disbursement Voucher
- Pre-Disbursement Processing
- Vice President for Capital Projects & Facilities
- Physical Plant - IUPUI
Reason for Policy
The authority to perform purchasing functions of specific type or level has been delegated by the Assistant Vice President, University Procurement Services.
- Automatic Purchase Order Policy and Procedures permit authorized departmental personnel to commit University funds as outlined in the "Instructions for Automatic Purchase Orders" Procedures (Procurement System Documentation).
- Purchasing Card Policy and Procedures permit authorized individuals to commit their University departmental funds as outlined in the "Purchasing Card" Procedures.
- Agreement initiation of purchasing agent to be resident in the Vice President - Administration office. (Appendix L)
- Agreement initiation of purchasing agent to be resident in the Physical Plant- IUPUI. (Appendix N)
- FMS DV policies/procedures.
This policy was established on February 18, 1992.