Exceptions to Purchasing AuthorityFIN-PUR-1.1
The Associate Vice President, University Procurement Services and staff have the sole authority to commit the University in contracting for materials and services with the following authorized exceptions:
- Real Estate
- Major renovations and new construction of buildings
- Books and other holdings for the libraries
- Utilities (e.g., water, electricity)
- Contracts signed on behalf of the Board of Trustees by the Treasurer
- IU Press (for goods or services related to publications)
- Sponsored Research Agreements
- Legal Services
Transactions in these areas are exempt from FIN-PUR-5.0, Competition policy.
Reason for Policy
Due to the compelling or unique nature of some acquisitions, authority to perform these functions has been delegated to other departments.
This policy was established on February 28, 1992.